Interesting Facts About Kurt CobainPosted in Entertainment
Kurt Cobain’s birth name was ‘Kurt Donald Cobain’ and also known as ‘Kurdt Cobain’. He was the musician, singer, song writer and artist. He was born on February 27th, 1967 and died on April 8th, 1994. Kurt Cobain formed the band ‘Nirvana’ in 1985 with Krist Novoselic in Aberdeen, Washington. The Debut album of the band was released in 1989. He was the front man of Nirvana. It has been 19 years since his body was found dead as he committed suicide by shooting his head. He was just 27 when he died.
There are few interesting facts about the legend Kurt Cobain. Just have a look-
- In childhood Kurt Cobain was described as very talented and happy kid. He was a true artist and his room looked like a studio. This talented kid was always sure that music is the ultimate destination for him.
- At the age of four, he started playing piano and writing the song.
- When Kurt Cobain was seven, his parents get divorced which had very strong impact on his life. This left him with many unsaid emotions.
- His personality was then changed drastically and became very disobedient and quiet. In 1993, in an interview he expressed his feelings by saying that he is ashamed of his parents and couldn’t face his friends anymore because of them. He was deeply affected by the divorce of his parents and this impact was visible clearly on him.
- On June 28, 1979 his mother given his full custody to his father.
- Nirvana’s first album with Kurt as the songwriter was sold 25 million copies in US alone and 50 million throughout World Wide.
- Cobain was the supporter of pro-choice movement and involved in the rock for choice campaign. For doing so, he received death threats and been warned for not perform on the stage as would be shot if he does so.
- Cobain was the fan of classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith Queen, AC/DC and Kiss.
- Kurt Cobain wanted to split his album ‘Nevermind’ in two parts: in boy side he wanted to add his childhood experience and on girl side he wanted to explain his relationship with Tobi Vail.
- He married to Courtney Love in February 24, 1992 in Hawaii only after he came to know that Love is pregnant with his child.
- Cobain was diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder child and bipolar disorder as an adult.
- His family had the mental illness suicide history as his two uncles had committed suicide.
- Michael Azerrad published the book ‘come as you are: the story of nirvana’ on Kurt Cobain’s life before his death.
- In July 1993, Kurt planned to perform in New York City in new music seminar. But before the performance Kurt consumed too much heroin which resulted in an accidental overdose. Courtney resuscitated Kurt who later went on stage to perform as if nothing had happened.
Get quality Nirvana band T-shirts at Alt-Tshirts.com from $16. We offer fast and relatively cheap shipping to almost any country so you can enjoy high quality band merchandise and service we offer to our devoted clients. We are the best and the largest clothing store in the US. Join the happy club of punk rock fans.